It has served as as:
- A dip for crudites at work;
- Water-downed as a dressing for a tomato, cucumber and mozzarella salad, and
- As the sauce accompaniment to roasted shrimp over rice. (Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon zest and roast for 8-12 minutes at 375.)
Tomatillo and Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 10 small to medium tomatillos
- 3 spring onions
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, and drop in the peeled tomatillos. Cook for 6-7 minutes until they turn a nice mustardy yellow.
- Drain, reserving one cup of the cooking water, and let the tomatillos cool.
- Mince the onions in the food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add the tomatillos and avocado and then blend. One tablespoon at a time, add the reserve cooking water until you reach your desired consistency.