If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then a sequence of eight, on a food blog, can inspire you to cook... right? Don't you just want to drop everything, get peeling and make this dish ASAP? See how the Sunchokes crisps up like french fries? Can't you smell that last splash of vinegar instantly evaporating in your pan?
Yummy, easy, from Jamie Oliver...'Nough said.
Sauteed Jerusalem Artichokes with Garlic and Bay Leaves
- 1.5 - 2 cups of jerusalem artichokes / sunchokes
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- White wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the artichokes, and slice them into chunks
- Place them in an oiled frying pan and fry on a medium heat until golden on both sides, about 5-7 minutes
- Add the bay leaves, 2 cloves of garlic, a splash of white wine vinegar, some salt and pepper, and place a lid on top
- After about 20 minutes, remove the lid and the bay leaves. Continue cooking for a couple of minutes to crisp the artichoke pieces up one last time, add more salt and a last dash of vinegar, then enjoy!