Zucchini Turkey Burgers


While devouring turkey burgers the other night my husband said, (and I quote!), "At this point, I like your turkey burgers better than a regular burger." And by regular, he meant red meat.  Oh did my heart sing! I love when a healthier alternative becomes a preferred one, and I admit to putting a lot of effort into getting my turkey burgers just right.

The lower fat content in turkey means the burgers can dry out during the cooking process if you are not careful. To combat that, I add all sorts of liquid rich ingredients. I will saute apples, leeks, celery or even pears to add to the patties. I borrow liberally from the Mar-a-lago playbook and toss in chutney. I love sticking a disc of goat cheese in the middle for a goey surprise.  When a friend sent me this recipe for zucchini turkey burgers, I couldn't wait to give it a try with a local zucchini.

This is the simplest recipe, perfect for mid-week. I topped ours off with some of my quick pickled radishes, and wow were they good. Enjoy!

Zucchini Turkey Burgers
Ingredients
  • 1 small zucchini, grated on the smallest holes of a box grater
  • 1 lb of ground turkey meat
  • 1/4 cup of panko or Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon of dried tarragon 
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Olive oil
Directions 
  • Mix all the ingrediants together
  • Form 4 patties
  • Saute in a little olive over medium high heat, for 6-7 minutes per side
  • Serve with the condiments of your choice (though I highly recommend pickled radishes / pickles of some kind!)

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I always make turkey (not beef) burgers, but never put zucchini in them. I'll try it. Wish I could give you some fresh tarragon from my garden! xox M

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS