Pickled Radishes


Radishes were the first farm-fresh vegetable to stop me in my tracks.  The taste was so totally different, so totally better than the supermarket variety that my love affair with CSA's and farmers markets began.

There are so many great ways to eat radishes.  Raw with salt, sliced in a salad, roasted, just the green tops sauteed in olive oil, and now, pickled.

Pickled radishes make a great addition to sandwiches, sit pretty on a plate next to grilled protein and are a nice snack when you are craving something with a bit of a bite.  They *might* stink up the kitchen, but it is well worth it, I promise.  Best of all, they only take moments to prepare.

In the June #FoodiePenPals exchange, I was paired up with a local penpal and decided to fill my box with only homemade treats.  I included a jar of these pickled radishes, and hope they are as enjoyed by Andie as they are by me!


Pickled Radishes

Ingredients
  • 6-8 summer radishes, thinly sliced on a mandoline or by hand
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
Directions
  • Thinly slice the radishes by hand or on a mandoline (a.k.a. the finger shredder 2000 as my husband refers to it)
  • Place the radishes in seal-able container, cover with the water, vinegar, mustard and coriander seeds
  • Mix well, and let refrigerate for 3-5 days before enjoying

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS