1) A quick and easy recipe share: I emailed friends and came up with a (short) list of quick and easy recipes. I'd love more inspiration, so please please please add in any of your go-to mid week recipes. You can find, use and add to that shared recipe document here.
2) I'm shifting my dinner expectations with apologies to all the 15 step, 10+ ingredient recipes I used to love. (It's not you, it's me... we want different things right now, complicated recipes!). I declared Sunday evening my official #OnePotMeals night, where I'll make a double portion of a One Pot Meal to enjoy and reheat for a second supper later in the week.
The first #OnePotMeals Sunday recipe follows below. Was it quick, easy and healthy? Yes. Was it the most flavorful thing ever? Maybe not. But I spent almost all afternoon and evening with my little guy and can now spend all of tomorrow evening with him while we enjoy the leftovers. Shifted priorities!
#OnePotMeals: Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Kale
- 3 cups of tightly packed, cleaned and chopped kale
- 1 medium vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 6-8 fingerling or Yukon potatoes, sliced into 1/4th inch slices*
- 6 pieces of chicken (thighs and drums)
- 1/5 cup of olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Salt & Pepper
*While the recipe calls for Yukon Gold, I enjoyed fingerlings from my CSA share
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Toss the potatoes, kale, and onion in oil, salt & pepper
- Layer the mixture in a dutch oven
- Top the vegetables with well salted and peppered chicken pieces
- Sprinkle the chicken with paprika
- Cover the pot, and cook for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid, and cook for another 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Enjoy with a healthy squeeze of lemon juice